Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd
Galveston, TX 77555-0304
5.416 Research Bldg 6
University of Texas at Austin, B.Sc., 2011 in Biomedical Engineering
Honors, Fellowships, etc.
Awarded one of the 2015-2016 Blue Waters
Graduate Fellowships. These national fellowships are awarded to
exceptional computational science PhD graduate students in diverse
fields and provides the opportunity for students to take advantage of
the petascale supercomputer Blue Waters at NCSA to further their
research. Blue Waters is a National Science Foundation supported
- Applying computational and theoretical biophysics to study the structural and thermodynamic properties of of low-sequence complexity, disordered polypeptides
- Mutli-target functionality of nuclear transcription factors and its relationship to intrinsically disordered regulatory domains
- Regulation of protein binding through modulating conformational entropy of disordered protein regions
- Drake JA, Harris RC, Pettitt BM. Solvation Thermodynamics of Oligoglycine with Respect to Chain Length and Flexibility. Biophys J., 111(4), 756-67 (2016).
- Drake, J.A., Pettitt, B.M. Force field dependent solution properties of glycine oligomers. Journal of Computational Chemistry, 36(17), 1275-85 (2015) (Figure featured on journal cover)
- Harris, R, Drake, J.A., Pettitt, B.M. Multibody Correlations in the Hydrophobic Solvation of Glycine Peptides. Journal of Chemical Physics, 141(22), 22D525 (2014)
- Bertagnolli, N.M., Drake, J.A., Tennessen, J.M., Alter, O. SVD identifies transcript length distribution functions from DNA microarray data and reveals evolutionary forces globally affecting GBM metabolism. PLoS ONE, 8(11): e78913. (2013)
- Bhavnani S.K., Drake, J.A., Bellala, G., Dang, B., Peng, B., Oteo, J.A., Santibanez-Saenz, P., Visweswaran, S., Olano, J.P. How Cytokines Co-occur across Rickettsioses Patients: From Bipartite Visual Analytics to Mechanistic Inferences of a Cytokine Storm. Proceedings of AMIA Summit on Translational Bioinformatics (2013)
- Bhavnani, S.K., Drake, J.A., Divekar, R.D. The Role of Visual Analytics in Asthma Phenotyping and Biomarker Discovery. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology - Heterogeneity in AsthmaEdition. (ed. A Brasier), Springer, (2014) 289-305.